Web Design How To Guide
Design Techniques and FAQsThis page is dedicated to helping web design beginners get some answers. For more detailed tutorials please visit our Web Design Tutorials section that includes: Dreamweaver Tutorials, Flash Tutorials and Fireworks Tutorials.
- How to create a glossy button?
- How to resize a vector graphic?
- How to make images with transparent background?
- How to export a transparent image with white in it?
- How to fade out a bitmap image?
- How to use the same vector mask for multiple images?
- How to Draw Curves?
- How to modify the shape of text in Fireworks?
- How to optimize GIF images when using gradient effect?
- How to use Fireworks PNG in Photoshop?
- How to add a shadow in Fireworks? How to add a 3-dimensional shadow in Fireworks?
To easily create glossy buttons read our Buttons tutorial.
You can resize a vector graphic or image using the Scale Tool or the 9-Slice Scaling Tool if the object is a rounded rectangle, for example a button. Read our Resize Vector tutorial
Read our Transparent Background tutorial for this.
If your background is white and your image also has white in it you'll need to use Alpha transparency. Read our Transparent Background tutorial for this. If your image has a shadow or glow effect it is better to use PNG as the export file type.
You can easily fade out bitmap images using Fireworks. Read our Photo Montage Effect tutorial to learn how to do this.
You can reuse the same masking effect without changing or adjusting the gradients. Read our Masking tutorial to know how.
The pen tool can be used to draw curves. Beginners may find it difficult to handle the pen tool so read our tutorial to get this right.
You can change the shape of your text in Fireworks by using the convert to Paths technique. Tip: Always keep a copy of your original text using the font in case you need to reuse it.
Learn to optimize your GIF images containing gradients via our Optimize GIFs tutorial.
Fireworks PNG files can now be used effectively in Photoshop. Read our Fireworks PNG in Photoshop tutorial to know how to do this.
There are two ways t to Add a Shadow to a graphic in Fireworks - The Drop Shadow Filter and the Add Shadow Command. For more detail read our Shadow tutorial.