PHP Smart Guest Book 2.0 - Installation
Installing the PHP Smart Guest Book 2.0 for MySQL Database
A. Contents of the zip file
- (SQL Scripts file)
- 5 Flash Interfaces : , , , and
- Flash files used in the Admin Panel :
- - contains the connection parameters to your MySQL Database
- (PHP file used to show the Guest-Book in a pop-up window)
- (PHP file accessed by the .swf file)
- (comma delimited bad words list)
- (to automatically close the window)
- Admin Panel Functionality Files : 8 PHP files, 6 GIF images and a CSS styles file
- Single Website EULA (End User License Agreement) -
- This Installation Guide -
B. Quick Installation Steps
- Important : Unzip (Extract) all the files to a folder called SmartGuestBook under your site root.
- Database : To create the required tables run the sql scripts file (SmartGuestBook.sql) inside your MySQL database. You can use an administration tool like MyPHPAdmin (download it free from www.phpmyadmin.net) or any other database administration tools for the MySQL. Under the database of your choice run the SQL script. In MyPHPAdmin, to run 'SQL query/queries' click the "SQL" option and locate the 'SmartGuestbook.sql' using the browse button. Click go and your database is ready. To double check this see if your database has a table called 'tblguestbook' added to it.
- Important : To make your Smart
Guest Book work you need to give the connection parameters
to your MySQL Database in the conn.php page. Open
the code view of this page and you will immediately find
the following lines clearly marked out for your convenience.
Now substitute the(inside the quotes) with your database details.
- Accessing the Administration Panel : To access
your Smart Guest Book Administration Panel, Please go
and login with the default UserName: administrator
and Password : smartguestbook.
Please make sure that you change the user name & password
immediately (using the change login
data facility) to prevent unauthorized entry. If
you forget your user name & password, you will need
to get into your database and view the table tblguestbookadmin
to view it.
- To place your Smart Guest Book inside one of your site
pages or to place a link to it, log into the administration
panel using the username and password, now click on the
Interface Options link in the left menu, choose
an appropriate interface and select the corresponding
code displayed in the text box(es). Copy and paste it
into your page code view.
- The CloseWindow.htm page can be used to close any web
page in your site. Use it if required by using a simple
link as below.
Troubleshooting PHP Smart Guest Book 2.0
- If your guestbook is not working please check if your site supports PHP and MySQL databases. If yes, check if your installation steps were correct.
- If your Smart Guest Book is stuck i.e., just displaying the "loading guestbook entries" frame, then please check if the URL : http://Your_site_path/SmartGuestBook/SmartGuestBookCode.php?size=50&NAV=1 is giving an error. If yes, please contact us to help you rectify the error.
- If you have any other problems please visit our FAQs page or email us (email@example.com). Your suggestions and comments are always welcome :-)
Good Luck and Best Wishes from the Smart Webby Team!
Copyright © SmartWebby.com, 2001-2005, All Rights Reserved.