Dreamweaver Site Definition
Setting up your template website in Dreamweaver
In this Dreamweaver Template customization step we are going to learn how to setup your web site in Dreamweaver.
- Open Dreamweaver. Now click the Site>>Manage Sites (Site>>New Site for older version).
- A pop-up window will appear as shown below (Fig: 1 a).
- Click the New button and select the Site option.
- A Site Definition pop-up window appears as shown below (Fig: 1 b). Now select the Advanced tab and fill in your site details.
- Enter your site name and use the folder icon to browse to the folder where your site files reside on your computer to set the Local root folder.
- For best performances, we recommend that Cloaking and Design Notes options are untick.
- Once you have defined your site. Now click the Ok button and Site Definition panel is complete. You are redirected to Manage Sites panel, click Done.
- You will see the template files displayed in the Files panel, as shown below (Fig: 1 c).
- The Files panel is usually displayed in the right hand side in Dreamweaver.
- After every changes in Dreamweaver template (only HTML file), test your site in a browser by selecting the File>>Preview in Browser>>iexplore (or F12).
SmartWebby.com Dreamweaver Template Customization Guide
- Step 1: Dreamweaver Site Definition - Setting up your template website in Dreamweaver
- Step 2: Custom Colors - Changing your dreamweaver template's design colors
- Step 3: Custom Header - Customizing the website header with your Site Name and Slogan
- Step 4: Custom Links - Modifying your website Links - Text links or Rollover links
- Step 5: Custom Footer - Changing the website's Footer Text
- Step 6: Custom Graphics - Replacing Photos and Images used in your template's design
- Step 7: Custom Content - Inserting Content into Existing Pages and Adding New Pages
- Step 8: Custom Styling Text - Changing your text styling using CSS Styles
- Custom Flyouts - Modifying your dreamweaver template's Drop-down Menus if included
- Custom Scroller - Customizing the News Scroller if included
- Custom Swaps - Customizing the Swap Images if included